Friends, some days ago we made an article on how you can speed up your internet (router/WiFi). We got many COMMENTS on that article asking us about some good routers to buy.
Routers’ demand has increased due to work from home. And many people don’t know much about routers. That’s why this article is for you on your demand – The Best Routers Under Rs 2000! Yes, I’ll tell you all about it, but we have basic criteria for the routers.
- Should have 2.4GHz & 5GHz with
- speeds up to 300 Mbps on 2.4GHz & 400 Mbps+ on 5GHz.
- Should have multiple antennas(minimum 3), if it’s more than 3 then it’s great!
- And should also have important things like encryption, remote access, etc as features. We’ve made the list after doing all of the research.
5. TP-Link AC750
It has both 2.4GHz as well as 5Ghz bands. There’s no Gigabit port in it but it has 3 antennas. So it definitely meets the basic criteria, with Parental control, & it also supports Guest mode, if you don’t want to share your WiFi password with a visitor.
So it’s feature-rich! It’s just that it has 433 Mbps on 5GHz. A little more would’ve been great! But its price is cheap at Rs 1,699 & with offers, it gets even less at Rs 1,500. So yes, it’s on #5, the TP-Link AC750!
4. TP-Link Archer C50 AC1200
- It’s a dual-band router with 2.4GHz & 5GHz with 867 Mbps on 5GHz.
- Yes, it’s a little expensive about Rs 1800-2000. You might get it even cheaper, but you’ll get around Rs 1800.
- As for features, it has VPN, Guest mode, Parental controls, etc & all basic features are included.
- There’s 1 good thing, it has a dedicated App control that helps you access, make changes to the router, etc.
- So looking at all the features & the price(Rs 1800-2000). It definitely stands at #4 on our list!
3. Tenda AC5 V3 AC1200
I t’s priced at Rs 1950-2000, but it has 2-3 good things. It has 4 antennas And with 5GHz you get 867 Mbps of speed while with 2GHz you get 300 Mbps. But speeds are good with this one. Just like the previous ones, this doesn’t have a Gigabit port.
The top 2 routers have Gigabit ports. If you use wired internet, then Gigabit ports benefit you a lot! But, if you’re working with wireless internet you won’t find much difference.
You also get a Tenda WiFi App to control the router. So looking at all features the #4 & #3 routers have an app, are good & similar in features & price as well. It’s priced at Rs 1950/-
Before talking about the other routers, I’d like to say that if your WiFi is 10-20 Mbps then any router is more than enough. But if it’s 100 Mbps or faster, only then you’ll need a Gigabit port. For 10-20 Mbps all these routers are good!
2. Mercusys AC1200 AC12G
Why do they keep such a complex name!? It has Gigabit ports & 2.4GHz with 300 Mbps & 5GHz with 867 Mbps speeds. It has App control with Gigabit port, as mentioned.
But its price is Rs 2000-2200. You can get it for less during a sale! But yes it’s priced between Rs 2000-2200.
I forgot to mention 1 thing about the Mercusys 1200. It has only 3 ports that are all Gigabit ports. You get more in #1 but there are only 3 here. And it has 4 external antennas. So with all that it’s definitely at #2!
1. D-Link DIR-825 AC1200
It has all the good things that a router should have! It has 2.4GHz as well as 5GHz with 867 Mbps.
There are 4 antennas in it & has 5 Gigabit ports. And yes if you want an App to control the router, then it has one which is good. Its price is also below Rs 2000, it’s Rs 1999! So overall looking at all things, it’s definitely at #1.